Thursday, October 13, 2016

My expectations on Critical literacy

Assalamualaikum.... How’s your day? Good? me? well it’s been a real good day for me today and I am currently feeling good right now because the rain has just started falling and it makes me feel good to write a blog while enjoying a cup of coffee. What I am to write today is about a subject that is not as what I thought it was. In my semester 4 subjects this subject is the one the most controversial subject and the seniors always talked about it. Well, make no mistake it’s the “Critical Literacy”, a subject that one of my senior once said “as tough as nails and feels like doing a PhD”. My first impression toward what he said is scared. I thought that this subject requires me to write large numbers of words and I am going to be struggling with insufficient of ideas. Well, thanks to the exaggerated rumors my seniors brought to me that caused me to exaggerate even more on my impression towards the subject.
My expectation on this particular subject is that it can encourage me to think critically of any fact or issues such as in social contexts like socio economics status, race. class, gender, sexual orientation and many more. I also can learn to apply critical thinking to overcome problems. When I am critically literate, I have mastered the ability to read, gather, analyze and critique messages, facts and theories in texts in order to understand in depth of the knowledge. Furthermore, I can make separate facts from opinion. I also think that by learning this subject will exposes students to the biases and hidden agendas within texts.
I also hope that I can master the reasoning skills that comes with critical thinking. The skills such as the difference between reason and emotion and justifying our problem. Perception, euphemisms and dysphemism is another thing that I expect to learn. I really do hope to get a good grade, explore the available wisdoms in this subject, mastering the skills of critical literacy and implement it on real life scenario. I also hope that I can become more mature, calm and collective in personality. By learning the reasoning skills, I hope I can improve myself in arguing others opinion based on facts. I expect to successfully make it through this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment